How to set up Persistent Shopping Cart in Magento2
Greetings of the Day My Friends!!!
We are excited for welcoming you to our learning session of “How to set up Persistent Shopping Cart in Magento2”.
While running an online business, being customer- friendly is the main thing which comes in our mind, lessening the cart abandonment for the e-store & resulting in better profits. For registered & as well as for your Guest Customers while browsing & shopping, you can save their experiences, collecting their view history, comparable products, selected products with the easy feature of “Persistent Shopping Cart” in Magento2. This feature will ease the work for your store customers as they can make easy selections & can proceed to simple check-out even if they are coming after a long span of time. To be mention on the vital note, that this feature will not share any sort of sensitive account information.
During the operation of Persistent Shopping Cart, two cookies comes into the picture, i.e. Session Cookies that remains for a short duration during the single visit of customer & expires after short duration or once the customers leaves, whereas Persistent Cookies saves the record of customer’s shopping history even after the session is expired, for the configured long duration.
So let’s dive into the “Admin Panel for Magento2”, and scroll to the section of “Stores” & fetch the option of “Configuration” under the title of “Settings”.
Admin Panel → Stores → Settings → Configuration
Selecting this option, we can see the ‘Configuration’ screen, on the left corner, we need to select the link for ‘Customer’ and now expand this, and click on the sub-link of ‘Persistent Shopping Cart’.
Configuration → Customers → Persistent Shopping Cart
After clicking on the sub-link of ‘Persistent Shopping Cart’, we have the current screen for us showing us the title of ‘General Options’, having one single option of “Enable Persistence” with two choices “Yes” or “No”.
In our instance, we have to select “Yes” to Enable Persistence.
After selecting “Yes” for ‘Enable Persistence’ Option, we can see more options to set up the Persistent Shopping Cart for our Magento2 store.
Let’s discuss the options now:
1) Persistence Lifetime (seconds) – As a default this option is defined to “31536000” seconds which is “1 year”. This is the maximum time which we can define for our persistent cookie to last. You can select as per your requirement.
2) Enable “Remember Me” – This comes with two options as “Yes” which will display the checkbox on the Customer Log In page and customers are able to save their shopping records, whereas “No” will not give them any sort of option to save the information but persistence still enabled.
3) “Remember Me” Default Value – This will preselect the checkbox which we give on the Customer Log in page for Remember Me option.
4) Clear Persistence on Sign Out – This option have two choices, one being as “Yes” which will erase all the details regarding the shopping of products, once the registered customer logs out, whereas the “No” will save the shopping information after signing out of registered customers.
5) Persist Shopping Cart – This option is when enabled with “Yes”, the persistent cookie is preserved even if the session cookie expires. Shopping car can be easily restored, once the guest customer sign in again or even when creates a new customer account. “No” option will not save any shopping records for guest customers after the session cookies get expired.
After selecting all the required options, we need to select “Save Config” button on right above corner to save the configured settings for Persistent Shopping Cart.
What’s next??? Next is your turn to go & explore your Magento2 store with this exciting feature of “Persistent Shopping Cart”.
Avail our Custom Magento Development Services or do call us at: 855-370-5507. Our E-mail id is : email@example.com.
Leave your details and we will contact you back within next 12 hours.
Let your Magento store add more to your magnetic power to allure customers with our easy Magento support.